Lidl’s bank holiday opening times vary depending on the location of the store. However, in general, Lidl stores in England and Wales will be open from 8am to 6pm on bank holiday Mondays. Stores in Scotland will remain open as normal.
Here is a table of Lidl opening times for the next bank holiday in England and Wales:
|Monday, December 26, 2023 (Boxing Day)
|8am to 6pm
General Opening Times for Bank Holidays in England and Wales
- Larger stores (Lidl Extra, Lidl Superstore): 8am to 6pm
- Smaller stores (Lidl Express): 10am to 4pm
- Some stores may have slightly different opening hours.
- Some stores may close for a short period in the afternoon on Boxing Day to allow staff to take a break.
24-hour Lidl stores will remain open as usual on bank holidays.
How to Check Opening Times
You can check the opening times of your local Lidl store by:
- Visiting the Lidl website: https://www.lidl.com/stores
- Calling the store directly: You can find the phone number for your local store on the Lidl website.
- Using the Lidl app: The Lidl app has a store locator that will show you the opening times of your local store.
Please note that these are just general guidelines, and individual stores may vary. It is always best to check the opening times of your local store before you visit.
- Lidl stores in Scotland will remain open as normal on bank holidays.
- Lidl’s Christmas opening hours will be announced closer to the time.
What are Lidl’s opening times?
Stores in Scotland will also remain open as normal.
But the supermarket said store opening times may vary and customers should check the store finder on Lidl’s website for details.
Enter your postcode and you’ll be able to see the hours for your chosen Lidl store for bank holiday Monday and the rest of the weekend.
Are shops closed on the bank holidays?
Retailers’ opening hours will vary over the bank holiday, so you should check each specific store to avoid a wasted journey.
The vast majority of Tesco’s stores should be open on August 28, for example.
And on Monday, Morrisons stores will open at the usual time, but they will close slightly earlier at 8pm.
Most supermarkets and large high street chains have store locators on their website which you can use to find the opening hours for your nearest branch.