Krishnan Guru-Murthy is a British journalist and television presenter. He is the lead presenter of Channel 4 News and the host of the podcast Ways to Change the World with Krishnan Guru-Murthy.
Krishnan GuruMurthy Channel 4 News
Guru-Murthy was born in Singapore in 1970 to Indian parents. He moved to the United Kingdom at a young age and was educated at St Paul’s School, London, and King’s College, Cambridge.
Guru-Murthy began his career in journalism as a presenter for BBC Radio 1. He then moved to television, where he worked for BBC Newsround, Newsnight, and Panorama. In 1998, he joined Channel 4 News as a presenter.
Guru-Murthy is known for his incisive interviewing style and his willingness to challenge powerful figures. He has interviewed many of the world’s leading politicians, including Tony Blair, David Cameron, Barack Obama, and Narendra Modi. He has also covered major events such as the 9/11 attacks, the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and the 2011 Arab Spring uprisings.
Guru-Murthy has won numerous awards for his work, including the Royal Television Society Television Journalist of the Year award in 2010. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Television Society.
In addition to his work on Channel 4 News, Guru-Murthy also presents the podcast Ways to Change the World with Krishnan Guru-Murthy. On the podcast, he interviews leading thinkers and activists about how to make the world a better place.
Guru-Murthy is a highly respected journalist and broadcaster. He is known for his intelligence, his sharp wit, and his commitment to holding powerful people to account. He is a role model for many young journalists and an inspiration to us all.
Here are some examples of Guru-Murthy’s work:
- In 2017, he interviewed then-UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson about the Grenfell Tower fire. The interview was widely praised for Guru-Murthy’s tough questioning of Johnson.
- In 2019, he interviewed then-US President Donald Trump about the US-China trade war. The interview was also widely praised, with many commentators noting Guru-Murthy’s ability to get Trump to admit to certain things.
- In 2020, he interviewed then-UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson about the COVID-19 pandemic. The interview was again widely praised, with many commentators noting Guru-Murthy’s ability to hold Johnson to account for his government’s handling of the pandemic.
Guru-Murthy is a highly respected journalist and broadcaster who has made a significant contribution to British public life. He is known for his intelligence, his sharp wit, and his commitment to holding powerful people to account. He is a role model for many young journalists and an inspiration to us all.
Here are some specific examples of Guru-Murthy’s association with the UK:
- He has interviewed many of the UK’s most senior politicians, including Tony Blair, David Cameron, Boris Johnson, and Rishi Sunak. Opens in a new window rts.org.ukKrishnan GuruMurthy interviewing David Cameron
- He has covered major events in the UK, such as the 9/11 attacks, the 7/7 London bombings, and the Grenfell Tower fire. Opens in a new window www.irishmirror.ieKrishnan GuruMurthy reporting on the 7/7 London bombings
- He is a trustee of Duchenne UK, a UK-based charity that raises money for research into Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Opens in a new window www.justgiving.comKrishnan GuruMurthy with Duchenne UK
- He is a patron of Unreported World, a UK-based charity that supports independent journalism in conflict zones.
Krishnan Guru-Murthy is married to Lisa Guru-Murthy, and they have two children, a son and a daughter.
Guru-Murthy’s net worth is estimated to be around £3 million.
Guru-Murthy is a private person and does not reveal much about his personal life to the public. However, he has spoken about his family on occasion, and he has said that they are very supportive of his career.
In an interview with The Guardian in 2019, Guru-Murthy said, “My wife is my rock. She’s the one who keeps me grounded and reminds me of what’s important in life.”
He also spoke about his children, saying, “They’re my proudest achievement. They’re both bright, funny, and kind. I’m so lucky to be their dad.”